
Who lets their kids go out like this? Well, I do - on a frighteningly regular basis, actually. On this recent spring day, we grabbed the opportunity to plant a few cherry trees before the ominous clouds let loose on us. The kids had a wonderful time - especially Max. The instructions on the trees said to fill the hole halfway full of dirt, fill the rest of it with water, let it soak in, then fill in the rest of the dirt. The problem was, our already saturated ground took a
long time to soak up the water... during which time, Max took a mud bath. He was having so much fun that I couldn't stop him - besides, it was too late when I discovered what he was up to.
3 comments:
Love the picture-we have a place here on the Columbia that the locals call "the beach". It consists of a tiny and I mean tiny stretch of sand, smaller than your driveway, and then rocks, rocks, and more rocks. The kids absolutely love it. Sand castles, rock throwing and rock collecting provides hours of fun. I'm just trying to tempt you to come this way some time! It was so nice to visit the other day at the library. I miss mom time with friends. Not enough of that around here!
Great picture! I remember the days - there's something about those little red jackets with hoods!
That's why we like him!
Post a Comment