Wednesday, December 10, 2008

HASTA LUEGO, MEXICO

Ah, they were a glorious five days. Nick earned a trip to Cancun in May for his hard work last year, and Max and I got to come along (not because of our hard work - we were purely decorative). Grandma came from NC to watch the kids, so I didn't have a bit to worry about them - I knew they'd be happier with her than they are with me anyway (and they were). It was wonderful to spend that time with Max, who usually has to share me. He was the darling of the resort as the only baby there, and the Mexican staff couldn't get enough of his big blue eyes.Here is the view out the back of the JW Marrior Resort. This is not a postcard - it really was this beautiful.Max loved this beautiful white sand - his first trip to the beach.A lunch date with my favorite men under a palm cabana. I could get used to this!A fascinating day trip to Tulum, an ancient Mayan city. This place was amazing, and I would have loved more time there.We grabbed this opportunity for pictures on our last night in Mexico before the farewell formal dinner. What a wonderful trip!

6 comments:

Bjorn to Rok said...

I love all your pictures. I haven't seen any of those yet. It makes me want to go to Panama when David goes. Do you think I could talk him into me tagging along?

Meredith said...

Are you getting these comments? They keep disappearing from your blog. Anyhoo, I can see why Max was so well-loved. He is a DOLL! I especially like the picture where he's strapped to Nick, but reaching for you. I'm glad you had a nice trip! You are B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L.

Anonymous said...

Marmee! YOU'RE SO HOT! Not, make that HOTT. What a gorgeous place. Can I come next time as the nanny?? Maybe we can go again this May?

KG said...

wow, mirm! you are a hottie! :)

Kelly said...

What a fun trip! And you look beautiful Miriam, as usual! It was so fun seeing you guys this summer. I have the funnest cousins!

Allens, Inc. said...

Ooo, yes I could get used to that too (vicariously). I loved all those pictures for different reasons. The postcard picture, the one beneath it of the Mexican Darling; you and Nick look so good. I am lucky to have such a nice and beautiful sister!