Wednesday, February 25, 2009

THE MOST MAGICAL PLACE ON EARTH

... or at least that's what Disney is desperately trying to get you to think. I got a kick out of the tired, under-paid, housekeeping receptionist's voice at the end of the line, who concluded our fruitless conversation with, "Have a magical evening." As we exited the Magic Kingdom one night, I overheard the gatekeeper say, "Welcome - have a magical evening" to a group coming in, and, "Thank you for coming - have a magical evening" to a group leaving. I just may start using the word "magical" in my working vocabulary.

This all leads into our wonderful vacation to Florida in January, just when we Oregonians really needed an escape from the rain. We were met in Orlando by Nick's parents, as well as sunshine and weather in the 60s. We packed in the fun at the parks, spent lots of time swimming, and thoroughly enjoyed all Disney has to offer.

However, the most "magical" part of our trip were moments like these:...spending time with Grandma and Grandpa, cousins, Aunt Nikole, and Uncle Nathan. You could have put us all in a cabin in the middle of nowhere, and we'd have come up with fun just being together. Of course, Disney World is a blast, but so is our family.

And some favorite pictures of just my brood, compliments of Nick's dad and his fun camera. Thanks Dad!









We'll return for more "magic" in a few years, but until then, the memories of the wonderful time we had are keeping us all happy.

4 comments:

Meredith said...

I love these pictures! Dad and his sons, Kate with her arm around Haley (with their princess hairdos), Max going down the water slide, they are so sweet!

Bjorn to Rok said...

How very magical! I love all your pictures. I'm glad you guys had a great time, but I have to tell you, I'm even more glad to have you home!! It always seems weird when your gone. Even though we don't see each other that often, but it's still nice knowing your close. Love you guys.

Allens, Inc. said...

Hey, that's what I was going to say, Kath! "Oh, how purely magical!" It makes me thing we're going to have to bite the bullet some day and go to Disneyland (for the FIRST time). Glad you turkeys are back safely, having had only the sorts of adventures Disneyland intends...the other kinds, often connected with travelling with kids, aren't so fun...

Emma J said...

How fun. I love especially the picture of your two little ones sitting together in the late light on the grass (sitting on the grass!! not mud, not puddles) I just feel warm thinking about it!