Friday, February 20, 2009

RINGING IN THE NEW YEAR

I rung in 2009 in grand style this year. My college roommates of three years, and some of the BEST friends in the world, reunited for the first time in 10 years to celebrate the wedding of Kim and Dave. I thank Kim for the excuse to get together and have the time of our lives! The festivities began with a rehearsal luncheon hosted by Dave's family, followed by the Best Bachelorette Party of All Time.The four of us have been through too much together NOT to still be friends (way too much potential blackmail material). We had a wonderful time this evening celebrating what we love about Kim, seeing hundreds of amazing bridal pictures, and honoring Kim with a custom-written rap (you had to have been there) honoring her pending marriage to Dave. We hope you enjoyed it as much as we did Kim!I'm proud to say we have 10 kids between us! (Excuse my weird posture - it can be awkward being several inches taller than everyone else - I'm trying to fit into the shot and looking like a hunchback in the process.)Lindsey, me, Kim, and Autumn at the Newport Beach California Temple. Kim looked absolutely stunning. Dave, you scored!Lindsey and I spent the next day at Newport Beach. We felt pretty fancy walking around the boardwalks with the sleek and sheik, and glad to not have to pay so much for a simple sack lunch back home.Thank you for staying an extra day with me, Loo. It was just like old times, and I'm even more thankful than ever to still be in touch with these ladies. Happy (late) New Year!

3 comments:

meredith.campbell said...

You are so beautiful Miriam. My brother lucked out marrying you, and not just for your looks. I miss you!

Annalea said...

Miriam, how did you score such incredible roommates? This is such an awesome story. :o)

M said...

Mirm-You are smokin' hot! Three kids later and you are skinny and adorable as always.

When should we hang out? (Last time I saw you blueberries were in season...)